PDA

View Full Version : Diet

Jaad84
05-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Hi gents.

Hope we are all doing well. I'd love to get some insight into your guys diets (or some pointers on mine). Since I started the protocol I've shed 30 Llbs. I'm lifting heavy and in pretty good shape these days. Where I'm struggling is being able to bulk up and I feel maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm lifting weights 5 times a week (Usually on my lunch break at the office gym).

My daily diet is as follows

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette with Mushrooms and spinach
Morning Snack - Apple, Banana, yoghourt or Kefir
Lunch - Salad (Kale or Spinach, apple avocado, nuts, Protein - (Can of fish or fist size handful or chicken) - Dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and Pink salt
Mid afternoon snack - Protein shake
Dinner - Protein (chicken or fish) Head of broccoli and carb - Sweet potato, White potato or glutenin free pasta (no carb on non weight days)

Struggling to figure out what or where to add more foods?
I know CD in the past you have said to eat carbs all evening. After my evening meal though, could you let me know what else I could add in.

Thanks guys !!

Cdsnuts
05-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Hi gents.

Hope we are all doing well. I'd love to get some insight into your guys diets (or some pointers on mine). Since I started the protocol I've shed 30 Llbs. I'm lifting heavy and in pretty good shape these days. Where I'm struggling is being able to bulk up and I feel maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm lifting weights 5 times a week (Usually on my lunch break at the office gym).

Lunch - Salad (Kale or Spinach, apple avocado, nuts, Protein - (Can of fish or fist size handful or chicken) - Dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and Pink salt
Dinner - Protein (chicken or fish) Head of broccoli and carb - Sweet potato, White potato or glutenin free pasta (no carb on non weight days)

I know CD in the past you have said to eat carbs all evening. After my evening meal though, could you let me know what else I could add in.

Thanks guys !!

If you want to gain weight, you simply have to eat more through out the day.

Jaad84
05-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Thanks CD - Bolster up the diet I think then

Damn
05-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Hi gents.

Thanks guys !!

Try this for breakfast to add some extra fat, protein & calories: Beef & egg scramble - Sauté some chopped onion in coconut oil (your mushrooms & spinach are welcome too!), add some grass fed ground beef & sea salt. Brown. Add pastured egg yolks to pan and mix together. Cook to desired doneness. Throw on some goat feta. I will typically cook a few strips of pastured bacon as well. Make a little more than you can eat and you have another snack for later in the day. I have developed a shitload of these basic recipes that are super easy, healthy and taste great.

jacknap
05-02-2018, 08:41 PM
if you drink coffee lower the caffeine intake and might help you have more appetite.

Cdsnuts
05-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Try this for breakfast to add some extra fat, protein & calories: Beef & egg scramble - Sauté some chopped onion in coconut oil (your mushrooms & spinach are welcome too!), add some grass fed ground beef & sea salt. Brown. Add pastured egg yolks to pan and mix together. Cook to desired doneness. Throw on some goat feta. I will typically cook a few strips of pastured bacon as well. Make a little more than you can eat and you have another snack for later in the day. I have developed a shitload of these basic recipes that are super easy, healthy and taste great.

This sounds delicious. Just made me hungry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks CD - Bolster up the diet I think then

Yes...eat more, and lift more. More food and more weight.

Jaad84
05-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys ! Good recipe there for sure Damn ! That will be next weeks breakfast.

Cdsnuts
05-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys ! Good recipe there for sure Damn ! That will be next weeks breakfast.

So....did you try the recipe?

Jaad84
05-16-2018, 04:19 PM
I did ! Been having it for breakfast the past week. Sauté some grass-fed beef in a pan with organic mushrooms and wilt down some spinach, season it up with some pink salt and pepper. Through it in a rectangular baking pan with the eggs and bake. I then cut it up into four squares and have that for breakfast every day of the work week (I'm only in the office Mon-Thur). I sprinkle on some fete the day I eat it. It tastes awesome, thanks again Damn !

Cdsnuts
05-21-2018, 08:36 PM
I did ! Been having it for breakfast the past week. Sauté some grass-fed beef in a pan with organic mushrooms and wilt down some spinach, season it up with some pink salt and pepper. Through it in a rectangular baking pan with the eggs and bake. I then cut it up into four squares and have that for breakfast every day of the work week (I'm only in the office Mon-Thur). I sprinkle on some fete the day I eat it. It tastes awesome, thanks again Damn !

So you actually make it like almost a quiche?

Jaad84
05-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Yes, more quiche-like then a scramble...ended up that way by accident lol.

Damn
05-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes, more quiche-like then a scramble...ended up that way by accident lol.

Perfect! Just get creative with it.

Here's another one to try. A little more labor intensive, but do it once, freeze it in individual bowls and you're good to go for about 8-10 meals.

Homemade chicken soup: Get a couple pastured whole fryers cut up for soup (use backs too). Put in stock pot and cover with 3-4 quarts filtered water. Add sea salt. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. Skim off top for first 15-20 minutes. Then add 3-4 thick sliced organic carrots, 3-4 sliced organic celery stalks, a couple sliced & peeled “carrot sized” organic burdock roots (great for detox), an organic chopped onion and 6-8 large minced cloves of organic garlic and continue to simmer for about 20-30 more minutes. Remove chicken pieces from pot and let cool down on plate. Once cool enough to handle, pull meat from the bones and add back to pot. Bring it back to boil and then reduce to simmer for another 40 minutes. Let cool (I usually put the pot in the fridge overnight...will get all gelatiny like a good bone broth) and put in individual glass bowls. Keep a couple of days worth in fridge and freeze the rest. When ready to eat, throw in a pot with some organic cauliflower rice, add sea salt to taste and let cook until soft. I have eaten this for lunch nearly every day since my crash and have never gotten tired of it...it's that good

Cdsnuts
05-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Perfect! Just get creative with it.

Here's another one to try. A little more labor intensive, but do it once, freeze it in individual bowls and you're good to go for about 8-10 meals.

Homemade chicken soup: Get one or two pastured whole fryers cut up for soup (use backs too). Put in stock pot and cover with 3-4 quarts filtered water. Add sea salt. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. Skim off top for first 15-20 minutes. Then add 3-4 thick sliced organic carrots, 3-4 sliced organic celery stalks, a couple sliced “carrot sized” organic burdock roots (an amazing detoxifier), an organic chopped onion and 6-8 large minced cloves of organic garlic and continue to simmer for about 20-30 more minutes. Remove chicken pieces from pot and let cool down on plate. Once cool enough to handle, pull meat from the bones and add back to pot. Bring it back to boil and then reduce to simmer for another 40 minutes. Let cool (I usually put the pot in the fridge overnight...will get all gelatiny like a good bone broth) and put in individual glass bowls. Keep a couple of days worth in fridge and freeze the rest. When ready to eat, throw in a pot with some organic cauliflower rice, add sea salt to taste and let cook until soft. I have eaten this for lunch nearly every day since my crash and have never gotten tired of it...it's that good

"Damns Delicious Dinners. Don't Dine Devoid of Deliciousness." Coming out in 2019......