User Tag List

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Eden's Log

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So pretty irritated, been doing this high volume stuff for about 3-4 months, no change took measurements, and pictures, pretty much did nothing. So I guess that was a learning experience my body does not respond to high volume heavy weight work. So I'm going back to HIT training since I was growing like an effing weed when I was doing that. My weight is down to 188 because I'm leaning out, and am trying to get pretty low BF wise just as practice for next years competition season.

I don't really have anything else to say other than my general irritation at the waste of time, and effort over the last few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured I would update here, currently 180lbs, BF calipers using 4-site said I was 10.15% BF, 16 inch neck, 31 inch waist. Not much going on other than trying to increase my size, and keep my BF levels in check. Back is growing, well everything is growing, not trying to worry so much about rep ranges, but about how much stuff hurts. Going back to a more traditional approach after reading Robby Robinson's book in which he talked a lot about more old school ways of doing things.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Eden's Log

Still training with same partner?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still talk to him all the time and see him but he's super busy prepping for the Pittsburgh nationals, and the npc Oklahoma.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Figured I would update here, currently 180lbs, BF calipers using 4-site said I was 10.15% BF, 16 inch neck, 31 inch waist. Not much going on other than trying to increase my size, and keep my BF levels in check. Back is growing, well everything is growing, not trying to worry so much about rep ranges, but about how much stuff hurts. Going back to a more traditional approach after reading Robby Robinson's book in which he talked a lot about more old school ways of doing things.
    Robby... haven't heard much from him lately. That guy was/is a genetic miracle. I saw a youtube vid of him guest posing in his (i think) late 50s and he still looked amazing. Fantastic frame and muscle symmetry. Should have won a Mr O in there somewhere.

Interesting you are reading his book about old school stuff, but old school was a lot of volume work which you just got done putting behind you in lieu of HIT.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the exercises he uses also in the book he was talking 10-12 rep ranges. Also just a lot of the way he described listening to your body and having a positive mental state and mind muscle connection.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Had my back looked at, I have a moderate, to severe case of eczema, I was prescribed a special soap, and topical cream, and lotion like 1-3 times a day as needed.

I haven't been working out this week because I had a serious pop in my knee last week during leg day, and I was starting to get run down and so we decided to take a week off. I have been getting a lot of products from rxwhey and I love all their products and they are all of very high quality in my estimation.

Planning on getting really lean this summer, and I will keep you guys updated hopefully it goes well.
    I only use RXwhey these days. I love their Raw greens, casein protein, PeptoPro, creatine HCL, aminos, and other stuff. I just love everything they put out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah their products are top notch, I love everything I've used from them, and try to get everyone I know who's into being healthy to use their stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently bulking again, started around 176lbs, Measurements, and calipers were saying ~8-10% BF, currently ~9.5% 182lbs. Diet is just through the roof, 100-200g fat, 400-800g carbs, 250-350g protein. Playing around a lot with carb timing. Little things I've noticed like if I eat mashed potato carbs I lose a little bit of lines about 3 hrs later. If I eat a ton of carbs one day, and then don't eat any carbs the next morning my body will start dumping water.

Other than that there's not much happening. I've concentrated on making sure to pull all the way through the movement, so my muscle stays contracted completely through the whole rom, as opposed to at the beginning, and end. I am going to need straps as my forearms were so trashed toward the end of back day that I couldn't close my hand all the way, and couldn't complete barbell shrug sets because I would be dropping the bar after about 12 reps.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eden's Log

you are ripped up at 8-9%
    at 182 you must look jacked now

any pics to compare to prior ones?