Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Haha. True.

Funny thing I discovered while talking to another experienced lifter at the gym. We were discussing all my injuries and pains. He said "Everything is on your left side?". Sure enough.... all my main or chronic pains or injuries happen on the left.
    Most of people have more injuries on one side, but yours sounds a bit extreme- it could be chance but anyway-
    I'm wondering whether you have some muscular or flexibility imbalance, or if you have some spinal/back injury that would also lead to over-use of one side...

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While were on this topic.. I am not sure if my left leg is longer, but recently put it to the test during squats and realized my left shin is longer. The left knee is about 1/2 inch higher when in ass to grass state.

Squat is my main injury causer other than rotator cuff stuff. The recurring injury seems muscular, and localized to the left lower back. It is better on steroids and better the more I keep working it. It is injured when I go to a max and lose proper form out of the hole (never injured going down)

Consequently, I also feel my right glute and hamstring more on stiff leg deadlift. Compensation by stronger side in squat causing strain on left side of lower back? I think highly possible

And the thing I mentioned earlier about cable crossover.. That only happens on the right side.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i think that's how most of us are. one arm longer than the other, leg, etc, and it can cause an imbalance in our physique. i think that finding the proper form that accommodates our weak points, helps

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Sure enough.... all my main or chronic pains or injuries happen on the left.
    Your endo say anything about your left testicle being the smaller of the two when she was down there?
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Your endo say anything about your left testicle being the smaller of the two when she was down there?
    "Chang et al (1960) found that the right testis was the higher in 62.1% of 486 men, and the left testis higher in 27.4%, the two being equal in height in the remaining 10.5%. Antliff and Shampo (1959) found an essentially similar result in 386 men, the right testis being higher in 65.1% and the left higher in 21.9%.

The left testicle hangs lower in right handed man. The opposite seems to be true for left-handed men. This keeps the two balls from squeezing against each other when the man sits down.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 12-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My left testicle is smaller than the right and experiences shrinkage significantly faster on cycle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    My left testicle is smaller than the right and experiences shrinkage significantly faster on cycle.
    You are either left-handed or simply belong to minority...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly Decides to Pull Again...

Wow... y'all got chatty in here while I was away...

On my left side... its not just muscular. Knee joint. Ankle joint.

And I have injured the right side before. Tore my right quad about 2 years ago. Have torn my right shoulder many times. And have had tendinitis in my right bicep tendon, along with tennis elbow and golfers elbow on that side.

I am, however, keeping note of this left sided phenomenon, to see if it continues or gets more commonplace.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It hangs lower though like the study says. I am right handed. The actual but itself is just smaller, and not as heavy feeling in the hand.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you tear your quad?!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly Decides to Pull Again...

And weekend, take all this talk of your testicles into some other thread. Lol.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.