User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    And weekend, take all this talk of your testicles into some other thread. Lol.
    lol
    Been juicing since CapriSun

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly Decides to Pull Again...

Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    How did you tear your quad?!!
    It was a combination of things...

The weight was standard... 385 for a set of 8, nice and slow and deep. Nothing outrageous.

Problem was, I think, two factors... I was using some PP Turinabol, which is a great compound, but if I don't ingest enough carbs, I will get horrible muscle cramps. Abs would cramp from me bending over to put on a shoe. It was chronic, and painful, until I realized to add in carbs. Well, I had had a busy say, hadn't eaten much, and probably low on carbs...

When I went down on maybe the 4th or 5th rep of that set of 8, a terrible ripping noise occurred on my outer quad. It felt like a handfull of rubber bands pulled until they snapped. I went down to the safety bars and limped out of there. I believe that my quad cramped at the stretched point and stretched+cramped (contracted) simultaneously was too much for the area to withstand.

Another factor... the area that tore.... I had been to the doc even a year before that telling him that I had a numb spot on my leg. They did the "look away while I poke you" test to confirm it. It was a section maybe 3" around. There may have been some type of impact/damage done years earlier. Hard to say. I'm a contractor, so in my world, sometimes things can fall and hit you unexpectedly. Lol.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus. Is it fully recovered? What was the recovery process like?

I want to avoid a muscle tear at all costs. As I understand, using both masteron and Winstrol puts me at high risk of joint injury And muscle tear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus. Is it fully recovered? What was the recovery process like?

I want to avoid a muscle tear at all costs. As I understand, using both masteron and Winstrol puts me at high risk of joint injury And muscle tear...
    I would say that is fully recovered. I have no problems with my right quad at this time. Recovery was about 4 months of no leg work... it was painful for just under 4 months... started extremely light- freehand squats for a while.... took me about 2 months of incremental training before I was doing 3 plates again.

As far as risk... steroids increase the risk of muscle tear simply because of the increased load you can put on them. Minimizing risk = no steroids. The next option level is to stop short of maximal weights and efforts while using steroids. And the third option, which I tend to fit into.... warmup slow and a lot, stretch, and kill it when you get to your top weights.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that is fully recovered. I have no problems with my right quad at this time. Recovery was about 4 months of no leg work... it was painful for just under 4 months... started extremely light- freehand squats for a while.... took me about 2 months of incremental training before I was doing 3 plates again.

As far as risk... steroids increase the risk of muscle tear simply because of the increased load you can put on them. Minimizing risk = no steroids. The next option level is to stop short of maximal weights and efforts while using steroids. And the third option, which I tend to fit into.... warmup slow and a lot, stretch, and kill it when you get to your top weights.
    would you say a muscle tear is less likely with test / deca or test/dbol, than with test/winny/mast/tren?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injury is always possible when pushing the limits. As stated warm up slow and stretch every chance you get, before workouts, during sets and stay hydrated
    Been juicing since CapriSun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you say a muscle tear is less likely with test / deca or test/dbol, than with test/winny/mast/tren?
    Good question, but don't take my answer as anything but a "best guess".

I would tend to see a test/deca cycle as one of the safest because 1) strength goes up but not generally in huge jumps, and 2) both are aromatizing compounds, and estrogen keeps tissues softer and more flexible.

After that, test/dbol would be the next choice, as they both aromatize estrogens. The danger is in the quick strength gains dbol can provide.

Any non aromatizing compound with estrogen combating characteristics (mast, winny, proviron, etc) will tend to reduce flexibility because of their high androgen content. Combine this with a compound like tren that increases strength dramatically for many people, and you put yourself in the higher risk category.

Again, this is just my opinion based on what I have seen or experienced. It is not gospel. If someone else has a different opinion, I am open to hearing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question, but don't take my answer as anything but a "best guess".

I would tend to see a test/deca cycle as one of the safest because 1) strength goes up but not generally in huge jumps, and 2) both are aromatizing compounds, and estrogen keeps tissues softer and more flexible.

After that, test/dbol would be the next choice, as they both aromatize estrogens. The danger is in the quick strength gains dbol can provide.

Any non aromatizing compound with estrogen combating characteristics (mast, winny, proviron, etc) will tend to reduce flexibility because of their high androgen content. Combine this with a compound like tren that increases strength dramatically for many people, and you put yourself in the higher risk category.

Again, this is just my opinion based on what I have seen or experienced. It is not gospel. If someone else has a different opinion, I am open to hearing it.
    i might venture to say that it is likely that the androgen levels of these compounds combined with the non estrogenicity causes a tightness and dehydration of the muscle, leading to easier tears. i know i was much better at lifting heavy especially on squat, when bloated.

increased fluid retention in the joint is probably helpful against joint injuries on deca.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magnesium citrate is something you should add to your regimen Burly, and when adding magnesium why not add l taurine, as they both have synergetic effect and are also big time help for heart.