Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chest and traps looking solid buddy!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For calves, I've been making substantial gains by doing them 4 to 5 times a week for 4-6 sets at the beginning of each workout. Make sure to hold at the top and rest completely at the bottom (no bouncing) sets of 20. Similar to Wes' trap routine in pain level, but I probably only reach that level for the last 2 sets or so.

Arms wise I really like weighted underhand pullups, weighted dips, cross body hammer curls (go heavy and hold at the top, I like to use momentum a bit on the way up) and then the close grip barbell floor press is awesome for tris if you rest at the bottom and explode up. I suspect regular width grip floor press put my bench numbers way higher also)

I also think to take advantage of extra recovery get those main lifts heavier.. And if you have any lagging body parts hit them often! I like doing pullups almost every day on cycle separate from my workout just because I think my back needs more work than anything else

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ryan!

Weekend,
    I'm def gonna do some weighted underhand pullups after my AM routines. Haven't done cross body hammer curls for awhile good tip! And I'm gonna do calves more times a week, and I'll absorb what you said in use that knowledge into my workouts. Thanks for the pointers dude!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man.. been busy the first week of the cycle but, my veins are sick when I'm working out. Veins come all over my traps. I feel as if my body's growing (might just be placebo effect), def stronger.

made some pr!!!!
    405 x 8 in squats last tuesday (only the last 2 reps where spotted)
    425 x 1 Conventional Deadz today... when I nailed that dude I was so happy.

As my focus is on Strength and Mass for now... I'll be aiming for both of that and a lot of CONTROL on the Heavier weights. This weekend I gotta recover bad...

Since I'm on cycle, would it be a good idea to do deadz once every week? I really wanna use the advantage of the cycle to try and build up my max in both squats and deadz! Advise is always welcome!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: tHE BRuTaL MaCHiNe VaYNEZ: Journey to AESTHETICzZzZz

Deadlifts are always appropriate.

Nice squat.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 WesleyInman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent updates..you seem super motivated!! I like it..keep up the hard work man..can't wait to see the end result
    National Sponsored Lightweight Strongman Competitor
    Prescription Nutrition Athlete and TEAM REP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Deadlifts are always appropriate.

Nice squat.
    Thank h2! I actually kinda messed up my knee joints going pretty low on 405's yesterday, squats. 8 reps, last two I went really down and with spotting. Been putting some hot balsam muscle/joint cream and was able to do light cardio today just fine. Friday, depending on how it feels, I might sumo dead or abstain till next Tuesday again... perhaps lighter squats, depending on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Excellent updates..you seem super motivated!! I like it..keep up the hard work man..can't wait to see the end result
    Wes, Thanks bro! I've been feeling pretty bloated already. Been hectic but will take some pictures before the weekend. Strength's def up, and eventhough I'm bloated, veins are running all over my delts and traps when I'm pumping up. Just amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 weeks in the cycle. Protein intake is gradually increasing. Fat intake has doubled up and cruising around 1g per bodyweight in pound right now.

I see my abs disappearing, but the gains are amazing. Hopefully I won't gain too much bodyfat and it's just water retention.

July_2weeks_bulk_VayneZ.jpg

July_2weeks_bulk2_VayneZ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

July_2weeks_bulk3_VayneZ.jpg

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait on the squatting and deadlifting till tues. Lay off the cardio too, but if you do want to do any type of cardio, do it in a pool. Pretty much no/to low impact and you still burn calls. What are your goals? Size or strength? If it's strength, THE MASS WILL COME! Hit deads monday, bench tues, off wed, squats thurs, and train either friday or sat. Even if you're on cycle your body still needs rest, I have really started noticing this myself! Kill abs everytime you train, and do cardio (light impact) on off days, or maybe even 2-a-days if you have the time. THis is how I'm training these days, and I've never been stronger (naturally) and I look pretty fkn solid too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A pool would be great! and yeah, if i had the time that would be perfect. Maybe I could go to the beach this weekend (the benefits of living on a small Island).

I usually rest the entire weekend. Always static on the eating routine though. I'm always busy doing something, even weekends, never get the time to even go out lol.

As per my goals, I want to def gain more strength, and size up my arms and calves a bit. This year it's all about strength. But wanna stay as lean as I possibly can. In 2014 I want to lean out, keeping as much strength as possible. So it's all long term to that hypertrophy look but yet with strength and control.

Since I have 4.5 more weeks of this cycle, I wanna gain as much strength with proper solid form as possible and try and keep it through PCT.