User Tag List

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JM's Summer Cycle

Ryan brings up a good point. Seated and standing presses are like two completely different exercises in the way they hit the shoulder.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I'll agree with you here my man! I follow just about the same routine you're talking about here.

I've managed to work my way up to 70# DB for 10 reps and 2 sets on standing presses. I start with40# DB, 50, 60, 70, 70. My shoulders have been looking huge ever since I switched from sitting to standing presses.
    DJM turned me onto this a while back, and ever since, I've been adding more definition/mass to my shoulders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    DJM turned me onto this a while back, and ever since, I've been adding more definition/mass to my shoulders.
    standing barbell just feels like its doing alot more imo......seated i can get much more up and it targets the front or back depending on the exercise.......but standing front, feels like the delts are capped and all the upper rear delt area is being shocked as well......adds some nice depth to these muscles, no one wants to look flat from the side

i agree with burly on the video too, i do that sometimes as a finishing set to burn out things, but i would not use it as a exercise (4sets and so on), it doesnt feel like its meant to have alot of weight to it

at the end of the day jm1000, you can do 6 sets of 50reps and all that volume, but if you want big shoulders you gotta lift big weights......if i was in charge id simplify the workouts and add alot of weight......you are alot younger than us so the goal is growth here, and i think OD touched on it somewhere, getting big is lifting and eating big.....once you get there worry bout the volume and developing the definition and tighter shape

alot of your posts are diet-centric, when at your age you shouldnt worry bout macros, eat till you wanna sleep, your youthfull metabolism will handle the fat n cals

you want expect big things from eq despite it being mild, well if you go to town on food you can get those results......sometimes i think you read/research too much, and thus make things over complicated for yourself

stop measuring oatmeal, eat till you fkn hate yourself and need a nap..........at the gym fuck drop sets and super sets, put all your energy into 5-6 sets of heavy presses

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    standing barbell just feels like its doing alot more imo......seated i can get much more up and it targets the front or back depending on the exercise.......but standing front, feels like the delts are capped and all the upper rear delt area is being shocked as well......adds some nice depth to these muscles, no one wants to look flat from the side
    This is all very true, same with DB press. While its fun to push the 85's x 10 on seated DB press I cant deny the 50's for standing presses seem to involve much more target muscle.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckynoslevin View Post
    This is all very true, same with DB press. While its fun to push the 85's x 10 on seated DB press I cant deny the 50's for standing presses seem to involve much more target muscle.
    I get a fkn ab and lower back workout keeping my core tight to stand press the 70s. At one time I could barely do 70s seated, not I'm stand pressing the weight. Bring up your core and lower back to help keep your body stable.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJ, I have to agree on training heavy.But my current goal is decreasing BF, eating like that got me bloated and fat on my previous cycle. I`ve actually got more out of my workouts since i`m a little leaner.. got stronger (new pr`s), longer workouts etc. Btw, i know i`m reading too much lol, trying to figure out the magic trick but it all comes down to basics...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JM's Summer Cycle

if you are cutting id really go heavy and reduce volume or youll really flatten out and lose muscle, even on diet is everything
    in a caloric deficit you cant sustain these workouts without going catabolic imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is me this morning at 215. I can feel arms overall are getting better, so are calves and hams. Can't get anyone to take pictures of me so they are kinda lame... anyways, i'm happy with the change that is coming along and will continue to post these up. Cool thing about bodybuilding/chasing a good physique is that it's a journey that never ends lol.

Can also feel a little bloat although nutrition is very clean and low sodium, i'll switch aromasin to letro.. Is there a way to jump from one to the other or just stop taking aromasin and hop onto letro? thanks for your continued support and thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna try and push hard on upper pecs and overall chest thickness as it seems i'm really off on that.. Chest was actually a strong point for me before and I started neglecting... that will teach me lol