User Tag List

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing leg extensions and backward walk sled pulls works the stabilizer muscle around the knee, so I'd def say give it a go. We do them after every squat day right after we do reverse hypers.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wes thanks for checking in and I'll do my best to stay focused, Bodybuilding was what got me out of hard drugs 5 years ago (can't believe its been 5 years already), and will keep working toward my goals.

XXIV, right now... I'm wayy to busy to pick up a new hobby... I bought a 7-string hellraiser, Schecter diamond series guitar last year... I rarely get the time to play something. But I'll take your advise on the .25 every 3 days!

Ryan, I will have to look into Reverse Hypers! sounds interesting.

All in all, I was doing great before I started my cycle 2.5 weeks ago.... so I hope PCT goes smooth and I can continue making progress drug free for now, until I find some sort of balance in my head to smile again.... These days, it's just about schedules, routines priorities.

I was REALLY depressed Wednesday, didn't even want to eat... but every 1.5 hours, I FORCE myself to eat. Everything is done because of routine, and if (I know myself well), if I skip a meal, or skip a certain aspect of what has to be done in a day (and my days are a handful), I know it will get worse! So I stick to the routine.

Thanks to you guys also and this awesome board, I know much more now about the lifestyle then ever before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reverse hypers are amazing at improving your lower posterior chain strength. I love it, my training partner owns one from Westside Barbell, the newest model that Louie Simmons came out with. You can youtube some vids on doing these without the Westside barbell machine.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tHE BRuTaL MaCHiNe VaYNEZ: Journey to AESTHETICzZzZz

Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Wes thanks for checking in and I'll do my best to stay focused, Bodybuilding was what got me out of hard drugs 5 years ago (can't believe its been 5 years already), and will keep working toward my goals.

XXIV, right now... I'm wayy to busy to pick up a new hobby... I bought a 7-string hellraiser, Schecter diamond series guitar last year... I rarely get the time to play something. But I'll take your advise on the .25 every 3 days!

Ryan, I will have to look into Reverse Hypers! sounds interesting.

All in all, I was doing great before I started my cycle 2.5 weeks ago.... so I hope PCT goes smooth and I can continue making progress drug free for now, until I find some sort of balance in my head to smile again.... These days, it's just about schedules, routines priorities.

I was REALLY depressed Wednesday, didn't even want to eat... but every 1.5 hours, I FORCE myself to eat. Everything is done because of routine, and if (I know myself well), if I skip a meal, or skip a certain aspect of what has to be done in a day (and my days are a handful), I know it will get worse! So I stick to the routine.

Thanks to you guys also and this awesome board, I know much more now about the lifestyle then ever before.
    Sorry to hear about your situation brother. Been there too, so i feel you. You are doing the right thing by sticking to a routine; worked to keep me out of the shit until thins started getting better. Keep in mind thst it tskes time for a system reset after something like hard drug use. Hell, when I started BB it took 5 years to recalibrate physically and emotionally from bad (inter-related) nutritional , work and recreation habits, let alone something like drug dependency. Also, i suggest taking a look at other things, especially any sense of disappointed at gaps between aspirations and achievements in various parts of your life and sorting out how to make the necessary adjustments. In the meantime, keep up the lifting. You've accomplished a lot to be satisfied with there. Savor that accomplishment by continuing to work it.

Grandpa out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation brother. Been there too, so i feel you. You are doing the right thing by sticking to a routine; worked to keep me out of the shit until thins started getting better. Keep in mind thst it tskes time for a system reset after something like hard drug use. Hell, when I started BB it took 5 years to recalibrate physically and emotionally from bad (inter-related) nutritional , work and recreation habits, let alone something like drug dependency. Also, i suggest taking a look at other things, especially any sense of disappointed at gaps between aspirations and achievements in various parts of your life and sorting out how to make the necessary adjustments. In the meantime, keep up the lifting. You've accomplished a lot to be satisfied with there. Savor that accomplishment by continuing to work it.

Grandpa out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To add to this, I would say stay away from heavy squatting so you can heel and so you wont be out of commission because you get hurt. That would REALLY make things a lot worse. Look into doing more mobility work and stretching your lower body. I know things are going to get better for my my friend. You're an extremely positive person and I know things will get better. Stay positive, be patience, and just KNOW things will improve.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First things first, you've done amazing work man! Don't loose perspective on what a wonderful job you've done being you! There will never be another like you. You have continued to drive forward making yourself that much more then you were the day before. Beyond being a member of this community you are a man that decided to walk away from what was dragging you down. As a man you continue to push yourself forward and define, then redefine, your own physique. That my friend is no easy feet.
    Let every pound on the bar be a fight, let each new day your victory!
    Take care of yourself first.

As far as the knee I suspect you've developed muscular strength at a rapid pace, now you need to give the ligaments some time to catch up. Also keep refining your technique. Sounds like you're on the right path and trying some solid techniques to help build your knee up. Just be careful with it and take the time you need. The hormones help but it is your determination that ultimately paves the way. Cycle or no cycle you can continue to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan

I took a glimpse at the Louie Simmons machine. I wish I had that! Seems like the perfect therapy movement after heavy squatting or deadlifts. I'm gonna look for ways to do it without the machine. I used to just lay on the dumbbell rack with my arms crossed on them and my face as well, and do a similar movement, one leg at a time, which I did to help my back, buttocks and hams. Probably something similar right? I'll look into it.

Grandpa Sperwer! With your lifetime of experiences I take those words to heart my friend. Along what you said, perhaps there are certain things in my personal life which would contribute to the overall depression as well. Always had it... Didn't realize how bad it was until I laid off drugs... I guess these last 5 years it was harder than ever. But for some reason, it seems to get worse by the years... I seem to get stronger also.. and have to somehow get through this dip.

Sorrow,

Thanks man! I do believe I have added a LOT of strength to my physique THIS particular year. And all of it, hormone free. Especially my squats, like Ryan advised as well, I will try to go a bit lighter, at least through PCT, so that I can get a good range of reps and then slowly, (as you advised) let my ligaments catch up.

You guys have no idea how much comfort and mental endurance your words provide for me.

Yesterday, Was a good day btw!

Finally nailed 455 pounds, perfect motion, on deadz:
    IMG-20130810-WA000.jpg

For a little guy like myself, that was unbelievable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    August 10 - Starting to look more and more ''powerlifter-ish''. Bulky Bulky mang

Aug10_bulk_VayneZ.jpg

Aug10_bulk2_VayneZ.jpg

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Yesterday, Was a good day btw!

Finally nailed 455 pounds, perfect motion, on deadz:
    [
    For a little guy like myself, that was unbelievable!
    great lift, 2.5 your bw for a dead is pretty sick.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    great lift, 2.5 your bw for a dead is pretty sick.
    Than xx,

these days I'm so driven by powerlifting influence, that I just wanna make it 3x my bodyweight before I rly start focusing on getting ripped