Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating insects

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    How so? We're not talking about some ridiculous cure method, just dietary staples.

I myself have thought about trying insects if I could find them. Most other cultures eat them and they are very good for you nutrition wise. It's just the western cultures have an aversion to them. They would fall under the paleo menu as well.

I always thought Deep fried crickets with seasoning on them would be crunchy, salty and delicious. Like an all natural version of protein popcorn. Non GMO to boot.....

If more people made insects part of their diet it would be easier to meet food requirements for the growing population. Do you know how easy it is to raise millions and millions of insects? The production of them would require a small fraction of what it requires to raise other animals.
    Exactly what I found, it's interesting stuff.
    Sadly because of the current prices I can't use them to replace any of my meals as a protein source.
    It's £6.50 for 12 grams of insect protein so not even a meals worth. Whereas I can get 80g protein, 3-4 meals worth, in 100% grass fed ground beef for only £4.60 so no comparison at the moment.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Exactly what I found, it's interesting stuff.
    Sadly because of the current prices I can't use them to replace any of my meals as a protein source.
    It's £6.50 for 12 grams of insect protein so not even a meals worth. Whereas I can get 80g protein, 3-4 meals worth, in 100% grass fed ground beef for only £4.60 so no comparison at the moment.
    That's because they're a novelty item right now. Should they catch on in the future, I imagine more sources and way lower prices.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was joking about drinking
    the boob juice.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's beneficial.