Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No.

It's a juice Feast. Juice and only juice and of course water.

That's it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I'm maybe not explaining myself very well (thanks, PFS)

I mean if you juice say a few tomatoes and carrots, and then heat the juice up as a soup, rather than having it cold, surely that's ok?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Juice feast part of protocol

Quote Originally Posted by road to recover View Post
    I'm maybe not explaining myself very well (thanks, PFS)

I mean if you juice say a few tomatoes and carrots, and then heat the juice up as a soup, rather than having it cold, surely that's ok?
    I see

You just don't want to heat it up to the point where you're actually cooking it because you want the material you're taking in to be Raw.

If you have a powerful blender such as the K-Tech or a Vitamix you can blend it to the point where it actually gets warm.

You just don't want to cook it.

There's a recipe that I used once in awhile during my 45 day juice feast that was like a natural version of a V8. It was tomatoes, carrots, celery a few Peppers, greens, raw garlic and then I seasoned it with some sea salt and pepper.

Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-01-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needless to say I cooked it, at least heating it on the pan enough to bubble...

It does feel a bit different from when you just ingest the juice, sits a bit heavier on the stomach, so I sense the difference even if I'm puzzled that simply cooking the juice breaks the rules.

Sucks that you can't enjoy something warm as a dinner replacement during winter, I think I'd rather have just raw juice rather than lukewarm, partially heated 'soup'.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Needless to say I cooked it, at least heating it on the pan enough to bubble...

It does feel a bit different from when you just ingest the juice, sits a bit heavier on the stomach, so I sense the difference even if I'm puzzled that simply cooking the juice breaks the rules.

Sucks that you can't enjoy something warm as a dinner replacement during winter, I think I'd rather have just raw juice rather than lukewarm, partially heated 'soup'.
    Well, to help clear up your puzzledness (if that's even a word) The reason why you don't want to cook anything is because you destroy the enzymes and biologically active ingredients in the plant material. This "live" food is one of the reasons this type of cleanse is so powerful.

If you haven't already, I suggest you research the science behind extended juice feasts from sources who have actually undertaken the act.

It's becoming clear that the more people that undertake this, the more It would benefit everyone to have some research sources to read up on. I'm going to have to dig these up in the near future.

But in regards to your comment about it sucking to not have something warm to eat....it's only for a short period of time. And, I would think PFS in general sucks more then not having warm food for a week or two. I imagine you would agree.

This isn't going to be a walk in the park, by any means.

As always, YOU have to determine what you're willing to do to get yourself back to 100%
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I understand it isn't easy, and I knew my comment maybe sounded a bit whiny but what the hell.

Another question: when making the juices should you have much pulp left at the bottom? Sometimes I do, which is a bit annoying as I take the juice through a straw and it leaves a mess as the stuff gets more difficult to imbibe.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Juice feast part of protocol

Thanks. I understand it isn't easy, and I knew my comment maybe sounded a bit whiny but what the hell.

Another question: when making the juices should you have much pulp left at the bottom? Sometimes I do, which is a bit annoying as I take the juice through a straw and it leaves a mess as the stuff gets more difficult to imbibe.
    If you're using a nut milk bag to strain you're not going to have much pulp at all. You do want to limit it because you're trying to not activate your digestive system.

Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-02-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought i might ask here. Been wondering for a few days.

Obviously its not a good idea to overexert yourself during a fast, but i was wondering if its okay to train abs while juice feasting. Nothing overkill, but maybe light ab workouts.

Also i never, in my 13+ years of physique training, i never use weights while training abs. The abs are a muscle where you want to make your waist smaller, and i read in an ironman magazine that arnold says never train abs with weights (or heavy weights), because you dont want to inadvertently make your waistline bigger. so all these years, i always trained abs without weights and with just my own bodyweight, and it worked wonders for me personally.

Is ab training okay during juice feasting?
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K8668B View Post
    Thought i might ask here. Been wondering for a few days.

Obviously its not a good idea to overexert yourself during a fast, but i was wondering if its okay to train abs while juice feasting. Nothing overkill, but maybe light ab workouts.

Also i never, in my 13+ years of physique training, i never use weights while training abs. The abs are a muscle where you want to make your waist smaller, and i read in an ironman magazine that arnold says never train abs with weights (or heavy weights), because you dont want to inadvertently make your waistline bigger. so all these years, i always trained abs without weights and with just my own bodyweight, and it worked wonders for me personally.

Is ab training okay during juice feasting?
    While juice FEASTING your not fasting, so this shouldn't be an issue.....within reason. I would caution you though...you're going to burn through more calories then usual so you may have to make it up with another quart of juice in your daily rotation.

I walked about 3-4 miles every day during my 45 dayer....I gladly had another quart of juice to make up for this activity. It kept me sane and it was extremely low impact.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted I was a faster rather than a feaster, but in your shoes I'd stick to walking and mobility work man. Plenty of time for all that later, give your body them zzz's.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, definitely! I've decided that im going to hold off on the ab training for now until my fast is over!
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.