Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly's TRT journey

Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    i got a question. i know u said u like to stay on the side of uber legal, and don't even like buying rc chems, but why not go get a lil proviron to help ya out? is it job reasons? or just your own personal preference if i may ask.
    I spent some of my early years skirting legalities with purchases of AAS and always felt like I was looking over my shoulder. Its not without reason, either. My original source was caught and prosecuted. Another friend of mine narrowly escaped the same.

I'm at a place in my life where getting caught for something like this is simply not worth the risk, no matter how slim. The legal fees would be financially crippling. And my reputation with family and community would be irreparably damaged.

That being said, if someone I knew well and trusted was to stop by and drop off a "care package" and no purchases could be tracked or proven...

Additionally, I now have a prescription for testosterone, so if I ended up having a stockpile of it, there's really no legal barrier crossed.

My precautions may seem overboard, but with my previous experiences and observations, I am most comfortable by the approach I have chosen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I think getting my endo to prescribe proviron would be a hard sell. I'm not sure if it has any current legitimate medicinal usage.

One thing I found interesting about the charts in that study... notice the steep drop in testosterone from the injection and then notice the less steep drop in estradiol. So there is a point after each injection where the t/e balance gets a bit off kilter. Not drastically, but it does seem to occur.

Proviron has been used medically to treat both depression and sexual dysfunction. It's always worth asking. The worst thing your doc can say is no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called the endo Wednesday to follow up with them. On my last call, I reported emergent gyno and they wanted me to wait a week and report back. Gyno symptoms were the same or might have worsened since last week, so I reported this. They asked me to come in for a blood test, which I did today.

I was already scheduled for a 1 month follow up appointment next week. Doing the blood test now is a great thing. It means that I can do the scheduled follow up and have more information from the bloodwork to present to the doctor at the same time. Effectively killing 2 birds with one stone.

I will update all of you next week regarding the results of the new bloodwork (also still waiting for results for the RBC test from 2 weeks ago) and what direction we will be taking regarding gyno and the overall conversation.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 12-30-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update:

On a range of 39 being the high mark for estradiol, mine was at 48. It's no wonder gyno is forming.

We talked about lowering my bodyfat to help with aromatization, but I explained to her that I've gained bodyfat because of the aromatization on a relatively good diet and training protocol.

We talked about AIs and I asked her if she ever used SERMs in conjuction with AIs. She had not and asked why I would think it would help. I explained it to her and she looked it up on her computer. Sure enough, there was info on combining AIs and SERMs.

We talked about options and I suggested letro and ralox. She said she would prescribe it and I would be her guinea pig since she has never done anything like that before.

All was good until I got to the pharmacy. Apparently my insurance wants justification for these drugs. So pharm is sending the forms to my doc, who will send them off to insurance. Pharmacy told me this is a 2-3 week process.

While I had them on the phone, I asked the tech how much the drugs would cost without insurance. $192 and $258. A month. Ouch.

So, overall, things are looking up and moving forward, if a bit slow. At least we are on the right track.

Libido is still very weak most of the time. I get short bursts of interest in sexual activity, but nothing that I could sustain for any length of time at this point.

Since my e2 was in normal range while my testosterone levels were anemic, it doesn't surprise me that they are now out of range with the additional exogenous testosterone.

I still do not know where my test levels are. We will be doing a test for that by the end of February. I would guess them to be between 400 and 500 based on how I feel. I would anticipate an increased dosage prescribed in March. Time will tell if my predictions are correct.

I'll keep you updated regarding the upcoming insurance/rx issue. As always, feel free to ask questions or make comments. Thanks for following along.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch on the letro price. I pay about USD15/month for eight full doses thanks to the local govt medical insurance scheme. I never had any discernible gyno since starting TRT, but the E levels started going up, so the doc put me on a maintenance dose as a preventive measure.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    Ouch on the letro price. I pay about USD15/month for eight full doses thanks to the local govt medical insurance scheme. I never had any discernible gyno since starting TRT, but the E levels started going up, so the doc put me on a maintenance dose as a preventive measure.
    What is your letro dose, if you don't mind me asking? She prescribed 1mg/day for me. And 60 mg/day of Ralox.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Quick update:

On a range of 39 being the high mark for estradiol, mine was at 48. It's no wonder gyno is forming.

We talked about lowering my bodyfat to help with aromatization, but I explained to her that I've gained bodyfat because of the aromatization on a relatively good diet and training protocol.

We talked about AIs and I asked her if she ever used SERMs in conjuction with AIs. She had not and asked why I would think it would help. I explained it to her and she looked it up on her computer. Sure enough, there was info on combining AIs and SERMs.

We talked about options and I suggested letro and ralox. She said she would prescribe it and I would be her guinea pig since she has never done anything like that before.

All was good until I got to the pharmacy. Apparently my insurance wants justification for these drugs. So pharm is sending the forms to my doc, who will send them off to insurance. Pharmacy told me this is a 2-3 week process.

While I had them on the phone, I asked the tech how much the drugs would cost without insurance. $192 and $258. A month. Ouch.

So, overall, things are looking up and moving forward, if a bit slow. At least we are on the right track.

Libido is still very weak most of the time. I get short bursts of interest in sexual activity, but nothing that I could sustain for any length of time at this point.

Since my e2 was in normal range while my testosterone levels were anemic, it doesn't surprise me that they are now out of range with the additional exogenous testosterone.

I still do not know where my test levels are. We will be doing a test for that by the end of February. I would guess them to be between 400 and 500 based on how I feel. I would anticipate an increased dosage prescribed in March. Time will tell if my predictions are correct.

I'll keep you updated regarding the upcoming insurance/rx issue. As always, feel free to ask questions or make comments. Thanks for following along.

man. what a load of bs. they should just let you get your shit. healthcare sure is fuked up a lot of the time.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's unfortunate that the wheels move slowly but at least you have a dr that is willing to listen and work with you.

Have you called other pharms to see if they could offer you a better out of pocket price? The dr could scrip you 2 weeks to get you through till insurance kick in.... or have her write it for your wife....
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    man. what a load of bs. they should just let you get your shit. healthcare sure is fuked up a lot of the time.
    Oh, they would let me buy it... but I'm not interested in spending $450 a month for it. Insurance companies have to watch their backs too, so I have no issue with it. Just gotta go through the process. I'll be on this for the next 40 years, so waiting a couple weeks is not a big deal to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    it's unfortunate that the wheels move slowly but at least you have a dr that is willing to listen and work with you.

Have you called other pharms to see if they could offer you a better out of pocket price? The dr could scrip you 2 weeks to get you through till insurance kick in.... or have her write it for your wife....
    I could always shop online and get a better price. I'll wait to see what insurance says and go from there.